SBI FASTag is a device of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it. The tag will be purchased from Tag issuers and it is linked to the prepaid account, then you need to recharge online or top up the tag as per your requirement. SBI Tag provides you with the convenience and ease during transit through the toll plaza along with saving time, fuel and money. SBI FASTag is presently operational at 346+ toll plazas across National Highways.
How to get SBI Fastag online Application Process
First lets check Why SBI Fastag and what are the advantages of SBI Fastag
Why SBI Fastag and Advantages
- Cashback : Avail 2.5% for All SBI Fastag customers of toll transactions till 31 March 2020.
- Auto Debit: Auto Debit of exact amount using SBI FASTag it will be faster transit through the toll plazas and saves time.
- Recharge Online: Recharge through online using Credit or Debit Card or Online Banking or IMPS or Wallets e.t.c.
- Transaction History: In Customer web portal you can see transaction history of Fastag Debited or Credited transactions.
- SMS Alerts: You will get instant Message Alerts on your mobile number, when we cross Toll plazas/gates including Low Balance Alerts.
How to Register SBI Fastag
Step1: First we need to call to customer care at 1800 11 0018 and customer care executives will tell you the nearest POS Location to register Fastag
Step2: Click Here and check SBI POS Location and find the nearest Location to register fastag.
Step3: Note: Please take the Supporting or KYC Documents RC COPY and take original RC Card for Verfication Purpose.
Step4: Fill the application form to register SBI FASTag account and submit supporting documents (RC Copy).The exective at the POS location will affix the FASTag on your vehicle’s windscreen.
Step5: Now you will get an SMS of details like UserName and Password and Login using these details to manage user account in SBI Fastag or Click Here to Go SBI Fastag Login.
Fastag Charges In SBI
Please find the below list of the fees and charges associated with the SBI FASTag
- Tag Issuance fees: SBI Charges Rs. 100 for all vehicles and it also incldes all applicable taxes.
- Other Charges: SBI Bank is Charging minimum security deposite amount for various types of vehicles.
Note: This security deposite amount is Refundable at the time of cancellation of RFID Tag and also maintain minumum balnace as following below table
|Type of Vehicle||Vehicle Class||Security Amount (Rs.)||Minimum Balance (Rs.)|
|Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||4||200||100|
|Light Commercial Vehicle||5||300||140|
|Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||6||400||300|
|4 to 6 axle||12|
|7 or More Axle||15|
|Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||16|
KYC DOCUMENTS and LIMIT Enhancement in SBI Fastag
|Limited KYC FASTag Account Holder||Full KYC FASTag Account Holder|
|Prepaid Account Balance: Maximum Rs.10,000. Reload is limited to a maximum of Rs.10,000.||Prepaid Account Balance: Maximum Rs.1 lakh. No limit to reload.|
|Documents Required: Minimum KYC information (ID and Address Proof, RC copy and your photograph.)||Documents Required: Full KYC information (ID and Address Proof, RC copy and your photograph.|
SBI FASTAG ONLINE RECHARGE
Here are the six easy steps to recharge SBI FASTag Prepaid Account,
1. GO to SBI FASTag Website or Click Here to GO SBI Website.
2. Login with your username and password along with capache details.
3. Select the ‘Tag Recharge’ option at the top of the page
4. Once redirected page, Enter the amount for recharge and Click on PAY Now.
5. Choose the Payment Method and popup window will come along the breakup charges. Now Click on PAY Now.
6. Once recharge is completed you will get an (SMS) message notification to your registered mobile number with recharge details.
Recharge Methods using SBI Fastag
You can recharge your SBI Fastag Prepaid account using
- Debit/Credit Card,
- UPI Apps Like BHIM, Paytm, Google Pay e.t.c
Customer Care SBI FASTAG
- Phone Number: Call for any queries to FasTag SBI customer care toll-free number: 1800 11 0018.
- Email: You can write an email to email@example.com and please ensure you add firstname.lastname@example.org in the CC field.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About SBI Fastag
Is there any Validity Period? What is the validity period of the SBI FASTag?
Yes, SBI FasTag validity period of 3 years.
What Should I do when my SBI FASTag is debited twice at the toll plaza?
You Need to call to SBI FASTag customer-care toll free number 1800 11 0018, Now SBI customer care will raise the query to National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and resolve the issue.
What if the RFID Tag balance goes below the minimum required balance in the tag?
The customer can approach either any POS location of the Bank or use online services like Internet Banking or UPI or wallets, customer portal, provided by the Bank to top up the customer wallet
What happens if there was an incorrect deduction? How will I get a refund?
You need to call the SBI FASTag customer-care toll free number: 1800 11 0018. The customer care team will review, and if they found incorrect, they will refund the incorrect charges.
What should I do if I have lost/damaged my SBI FASTag?
Call to SBI FASTag customer-care toll free number: 1800 11 0018 and request them to issue a new tag as you lost/damaged SBI FasTag. The balance on the old account will be transferred to the new SBI FASTag account.
In case of harassment/ misconduct/ discourteous/ rude behaviour of toll collection staff, what should we do?
A complaint is to be lodged with respective Project Directors at the toll plaza. Further, the incident may be reported to us via our email at email@example.com.
Note: If you have any queries please post your comments and will get quick solution.